This guide walks you through how to complete an OOI through TTB’s Permits Online system. Each of the sections below can be expanded
Click the to expand/collapse any section and show screenshots and tips for completing the OOI.
Who must complete an OOI?
- Log onto Permits OnlineCreate a Permits Online Account (or login to your existing account)
Tip 1: You have a choice of having each owner/officer create their own PermitsOnline account, or sharing a single login for each owner/officer to complete their OOI. One benefit to filing all OOI’s under a single account is that you will have all of the OOI tracking numbers handy when you need to plug them into your federal basic permit application (i.e., Brewer’s Notice, Bonded Winery, Distilled Spirits Plant, Wholesaler/Importer, etc.).______________________________________________________
- Start Your Application
- Complete the Perjury Statement
- Select your application type
- Create a new entry
- Fill in the contact infoComplete the “Contact Information” section and hit “Continue Application”
Tip 2: If an owner/officer does not have a social security number (i.e., is not a US national), you can simply put in all zeros for that section.
Tip 3: Email address is not required, but you should include it if you want to receive updates from TTB regarding your application by email.
- Fill in the basic OOI application informationComplete the “Application Information: Basic Information” section and hit “Continue Application”
Tip 4: Don’t worry about including the Registry Application Tracking Number (A), unless you already submitted your permit application, and are trying to add another OOI.
Tip 5: Your answers regarding your citizenship (B) and living outside the US in the past 10 years (C) will determine whether you are required to complete later, supplemental sections
Tip 6: Regarding liquor related arrests (D), include DUI’s, public intoxication. Also, I would recommend including the final disposition for the arrest (e.g., Pleaded guilty to lesser offense, 1 Year probation, etc., this applies to D-F).
Tip 7: Regarding disapprovals for sell/manufacture/produce/etc. (G), this relates to prior applications for TTB permits, state producer or retail permits/licenses.___________________________________________________________
- Fill in the amended information
- Fill in the supplemental informationOnly applicable if you are applying for a brewer’s notice, distilled spirits plant (distillery), or tobacco plant permit, (2) you are not a US citizen, or (3) you have lived outside the US in the last 10 years.Note:
Tip 8: TTB is in the process of eliminating question 5 (including height, weight, hair and eye color, father’s and mother’s names). Commercial Credit Reporting Agencies (A) relate to agencies that provide credit report numbers, such as Equifax, Experience, Dun & Bradstreet. It is not required that you have a credit report run to provide this information to TTB.
Tip 9: Penalties for failing to taxes (B) only relates to penalties for failing to pay IRS taxes or excise taxes.
Tip 10: Connection to a Federal permit (C) only relates to an ownership stake in a TTB permit relating to alcohol or tobacco. This does not relate to being employed by a permittee, and is not related to retail liquor permits. This should not affect your ability to get a TTB permit with a different permittee.
Tip 11: Employed by a Federal permittee (D) only relates to employment by a TTB permittee relating to alcohol or tobacco (including as a server, brewer, etc.). This does not relate to being employed by a permittee, and is not related to retail liquor permits. This should not affect your ability to get a TTB permit with a different permittee.
- Fill out your employment informationIf the owner/officer is a citizen and has not lived outside the US in the past 10 years, this section is only required for beer/wine/spirits producer permits.
Tip 12: First, close the pop up window that asks for your residence. Click “Add a row,” and select the number of rows corresponding to the number of residences you have had in the past 5 years (unless you are not a US citizen or lived outside the US in the past 10 years, then choose 10 years).Tip 13: If you don’t know exact dates, use your best estimates. You should account for any gaps (e.g., unemployed, student).______________________________________________________
- Fill in your bank reference information
Only need to provide 1 at max. If the owner/officer is a citizen and has not lived outside the US in the past 10 years, this section is only required for beer/wine/spirits producer permits.Tip 14: If you don’t know the name of your representative at the bank, you can just put Bank Manager.
Tip 15: If you bank at a national/regional bank, put the address for the branch closest to your business.
- Fill in your personal reference informationIf required, must provide 4 references. Required if the owner/officer is not a citizen, has lived outside the US in the past 10 years, or if the application is for a beer/wine/spirits producer permit.
Tip 16: You really only need to provide the reference’s name, home address (really any address), and their home phone.
Note: I believe the character references are being eliminated from this form in the near future.
- Fill in your residence informationRequired for all applicants.
Click “Add a row,” and select the number of rows corresponding to the number of residences you have had in the past 5 years (unless you are not a US citizen or lived outside the US in the past 10 years, then choose 10 years).Tip 17: For your current address, leave the “To:” field blank.
- Review and submitNow all that is left is to hit continue, review the information, and (if correct), hit continue one last time.
Your OOI is now submitted.
Send your OOI tracking number to whoever if submitting your permit application. They will need to plug the tracking number into the permit application.